Saturday, September 25, 2010

19 months

Another month has come and gone and our little man continues to grow up so much. I felt like he was 18 months for a long time, which is good because it didn't feel like time flew by as fast as it normally does. Sometimes I just wish time could stand still so Bryce will stay this age, although I look forward to what he will become in the future!
Bryce knows most of his colors (red, orange, yellow, green, blue, purple, black, brown and pink). He still doesn't get white. He has been able to spell his name and tell you how old he is (and hold up a finger) for a while now. We have been working on shapes and he knows circle, square, triangle and star. Today I drew a heart and he said "heart beat". I wasn't sure what to think! He recognizes a few letters and can tell you that D is for Dada and Dog, M is for Macy and Mama, and B is for Bryce. Just this week he has been taking the C magnet off of the fridge and saying "C...Chase". When I sing the ABC's and stop on certain letters he can tell me what comes next.

We have been working on potty training, but it has been very hit or miss. He goes through stages when he tells us he is pooping and we can get him on the potty in time, but then other times he goes in his diaper and never says anything. I tried to get in the habit of putting him on his potty when he wakes up, but I have to admit that I'm a little lazy because he wakes up at 5:45 every morning and all I want to do is get him in my bed as fast as I can so I can catch a few more minutes of sleep. However, he goes through phases where he doesn't want to have anything to do with the potty. So obviously he is not totally ready, but we try to work on it when he does show interest. And he really enjoys getting a gummy lifesaver when he uses the potty!

I could just eat him up!

No comments: