Sunday, January 31, 2010

first haircut

My little boy got his first haircut today. He has a ton of hair and it is very out of control because of the curls, cowlicks, and the long length. He was starting to get a mullet. I debated whether or not to wait to cut his hair until his first birthday because it seemed like a sin to do it before then, ha!, but I decided to go ahead and do it! Luckily my mom knows a little about cutting hair. I didn't know where to take him and this was bound to be less traumatizing than a professional place. She was excited to share this experience with us! Here are some before pictures, but I really think you can see the craziness in this picture. He seemed to have a wing behind his left ear.
Here are some of the BEFORE shots. I think he looks so adorable in the hair cutting cape.


Here are a few shots DURING the cut.


Here he is AFTER the cut. He was very ready to be out of the chair and wasn't really cooperating. I will be sure to get a few more close up pictures later. At least you can tell that the wing is gone!


What a precious little boy. We did not save any locks of hair. I know that might seem like a sin too, but we have plenty of pictures and the memories of the first cut!


2 comments:

A Wedding Story said...

What a handsome little man! He looks so cute with his haircut.

AldyWaldy said...

Aww...Bryce is too cute!Am so happy for you guys..:) :) Loads of love!